Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to School for Luke

Luke's first day of school we all had a nice breakfast before school. Daddy was even able to join us before he went to work.
Making his silly smile. All ready for school but he wasn't too excited!
He played his video game he got from Evelyn and Larz for his birthday on the way to school.
At home before playing with Deucer
Well his first day he cried when I dropped him off and it broke my heart but he ended up having a good day and liked it. I brought in cupcakes and drinks to celebrate his birthday on Thursday when he went back to school. He was happy until I left with Will.
His teacher Miss Suzanne had to pull him off of me at drop off. I peeked out the door a few minutes later to see how he was and caught this picture of him crying in her arms. It was killing me but I knew once he got going he would be having fun. About 45 min. after I dropped him off the school called and said he got in a fight with a girl and she scratched his face real good. That didn't help me worrying about him. I was anxious to pick him up, matter of fact Will and I got there early. When I saw his face my jaw dropped his scratch was pretty bad. He was happy to see us and despite his scratch he seemed to have a great 2nd day at school.
I took the boys to meet Emma, Adam, and Grayson for ice cream after school
they all had a lot of fun.
Will doesn't like cold things so ice cream is not on his list of things he likes but he had fun anyway. I am enjoying the time with Will while Luke is at school it gives me a chance to give him some extra special attention. Plus I forgot how easy one child is to take care of. I took him swimming this past Tuesday and he fell asleep in my arms in the pool it was great! I love my babies!
Grayson, Emma, and Luke enjoying their ice cream. You can kind of see his scratch in this picture. That was on Thursday and it was all better by the time he went back to school on Tuesday. I guess the ice cream helped.
This is from Meet the Teacher night we went to his school to meet Miss Suzanne and then we went to dinner and Luke was Mr. Love Bug going around giving us all hugs and kisses. I took this cute one of Ben and Lukey.
Daddy, Lukey, and his teacher this year Miss Suzanne.
He wasn't too excited about school he kept telling me he was going to FREAK OUT, his exact words. Now he is in the 2nd week and is excited about school and his new friends. He has 10 kids in his class and 3 boys are named Luke. So Luke said he wants to be called Luke Patrick. One of his good buddies is one of the Lukes. My Luke thinks it is pretty cool they both have the same name. We hope he has a wonderful year in the 3's!

No comments: