Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baby is on Their Way!

At around 6pm I started having contractions that were about 8 min. apart by 7pm they were 6 min. apart. I was scheduled to go in at midnight to get induced but that was not necessary we got the boys ready for bed as you can see Will was not happy we were leaving. I was having contractions pretty bad but as you can see I smiled through it. By the time we got to the hospital the contractions were 4 min apart, my water broke and I was 4 cm everything was moving along great!

Our last pic of just the 4 of us we were soon going to add another Larrabee to our family.
Once we got settled in the hospital and what I mean by settled in was getting an epidural. We were just waiting it out they thought maybe even get some sleep and by early morning 6 or 7 am the baby would be ready to come out but that was not the case.
Ben wanted me to show this is for baby #3!
Ben and I feel so lucky and blessed to be having another baby and were so excited to meet him or her.
About an hour later I could feel the contractions it was about 11 pm. I was not happy my face says it all every 2 min. I was having intense contractions. My epidural didn't take on my right side so the doctor came in and adjusted the catheter that helped for about another hour but then I started to feel the contractions again. The doctor came back and had to do the epidural all over again it was horrible, I felt everything and that whole time I thought I would be sleeping waiting for baby was spent in extreme agony. Finally about 1 am I had my pain under control and was feeling much better. I was ready to have the baby at 2 am but now we had to wait for my doctor and finally at 4:10 the on call doctor who was not my doctor came into deliver me. I pushed and 11 min. later....
all that pain and agony went away when we had ourselves a beautiful baby girl. It was very emotional and such a special moment in our life that will always be cherished.
Farrah Kaylynn Larrabee was born 1/24/11 at 4:21 am
8 pounds 2.5 ounces and 20.5 inches long. She was breathtaking! Ben took a 3 min video of me just crying holding her tears of JOY! This is about 1 hour after Farrah was born. SO SO Happy!!
Getting her footie prints
About to get her first bath
So calm and sweet I am still in shock we have a GIRL!!
Sweet Farrah we love you with all our heart!

No comments: