Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Luke's First day of Preschool

Luke has had a big week, first turning 2 and now starting preschool. He had a great first day. Here are some pictures we took in the morning before we went to school.
Luke saying bye to Ruby and checking out his new Spiderman lunchbox

Mommy with her big boy
Walking off to school like he was going to fight in a war.
Luke had a great first day I took him in the morning and brought him to his class the teacher told the moms to go so the kids won't cry. Luke was playing in the room and didn't see me walk out at first but then saw me in the window walking by so he ran to the door yelling mama. It broke my heart I started to cry the secretary brought me a kleenex and I sat in the hallway watching the classroom on the monitors. Luke cried for 10 minutes the teachers were comforting him and one teacher picked him up and put him on her lap and they sat in a circle. I watched for about 15 min. Luke was smiling and seemed ok. I was waiting for my phone to ring to go and pick him up all morning but they never called.
He had a great day Will and I went to pick him up at noon and he was all smiles running to me yelling mama I was again about to cry tears of joy. It was the best feeling to see him so happy having fun. He gave me the best hug too. I hope Thursday is just as good if not better for him. I am going to frame his first finger painting he made today. Ben and I are just so in love with our boys!

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

That's so exciting! I'm having the same emotions with Karsten. It doesn't seem to go away, every year is a new step, with new opportunities and challenges. It amazes me every day to see him learning and growing. I love it! Your family is so special, I'm so glad we get to be a part of it! :)

Jennifer Hock said...

Oh my gosh.. .I cannot imagine taking Katelyn to a school! You are very brave Carly... good job mommy!!!

Lizzie said...

I love your new blog! So cute!