My Grandma Helen passed away today. I will miss her a lot. Living in Arizona I wasn't able to see her a much as I would of liked in the past 5 years. She would of been 95 in September. She was such a great woman who has lived a full life. This picture is at my sister's bridal shower in November that was the last time I saw her.
Here she is with my mom and Will. My mom has been caring for her for five years now and that is not easy. The last few months have been really hard on my mom and Grandma I am just glad she is no longer in pain and is in a better place.

This is at my bridal shower when I was pregnant with Luke I got a shirt made for her that said Luke's Great Grandma. She was always so happy and loved children I am so glad she got to meet both my boys and hold them. She would always say let me rock that baby.
There she is holding Luke. She would sing I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck. She would sing that to me for as long as I can remember. She taught me to drive a car and ride a horse too. I would stay with her in the summer when I was younger and I have to admit we didn't always get a long because she was so strict and I didn't like that. Looking back now I know what a handful I was and I know she loved me right through all the difficult years I gave her. Sorry Grandma I know I told you sorry many times but I really mean it this time.
All of us in Chicago during Christmas of 07. I miss you grandma sorry I couldn't be with you during your last days I love you very much! She stopped eating on Monday and they took her to the hospital to keep her comfortable she was 60 pounds full of cancer and still kept fighting she is one tough cookie.

Summer of 08 My mom, Luke, and Grandma Helen
She would say the funniest things and always have us laughing. She was the mayor of her town and was a nurse before that. She ran and owned a preschool too. She did many things in her life I am proud that she was my grandmother.
Grandma Helen with, my mom, Luke, and I
She just loved holding Lukey and fussing over him
Before we had kids we took Ruby with us everywhere and this is right when we got miss Ruby Sue in 05.
I want to thank my mom for taking such great care of her I know it wasn't easy but I know she loved being with you instead of being in a nursing home. I know she would not have lived as long if it wasn't for your love and care. We love and will miss you so much Grandma.






2 comments:
Carly, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Please know you and your whole family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Carly...my deepest sympathy to you and your family! It's wonderful that you have such amazing memories to hold onto. You're in my prayers.
Post a Comment